A letter to Kapil Sibal

Dear Uncle,

Sub: Close coaching classes but do something about quality of teachers in gov. colleges.

I don't have your mail Id and you don't seem to be on facebook or other social networking sites either ( though  66A of the IT Act amended by United Progressive Alliance shows how much you are connected to cyber world). Regular mail will never  reach upto you.
                                                                          Sir ,I want to congratulate you on your out-of-box reforms in the educational field by some huge changes in Entrance test patten.And indeed they are strong steps in uprooting "Private Coaching hubs" like Kota and getting the real talent to National level.Certainly sir ,I can't agree more with you ,these are huge money sucking lices .But sir, I am pretty sure you would  never have attended a coaching class,I mean how can you ,life of a politician is too hectic.
                                                                                                                        And Sorry to let you down but I belong to one of the same hubs which is famous for its money sucking atrocity.But being from there and from a NIT ,I can sight some differences.And being an engineering student I am not into Mark Antony type literature so, to the point will be better.

1) Actually at coaching class we were told to stick to the basics and were supplemented with plethora of D.D.Ps and sheets (and sir I can assure you these coaches have not hacked into any IITs and got these questions for RATTAFICATION).

2) Sir your sycophants might be sceptical as how, though JEE changes pattern every year still coaching have a great success rate, Sir do you know how many questions we are supposed to solve  form each topic..lol no, I suppose.
                                And sir I must say its not at all like we are taught X+Y=4 and we have solve that thing 1k times there. But here in situation is more exciting ,will pace up to that in few minutes.

3) Sir some Mr.Intellectual like you said ,"that's why quality of students in IITs are deteriorating,ok sir let 60 %  in an entrance exam comes from a coaching and 40 % from your real deserving class.
                                                                                                                                                  But according to your paradox these 60 % will suffer in IITs coz of lack of real brain. Hilarious but  tell your Chelas to get the statistics from Colleges of most successful students, endingup in MIT,Stanford, Caltech etc.
Certainly Shubham Tulsian, Shitikanth and others will let you down.

4) Sir my own experience says I was a hardworking dumb ass in school and In college too but only Coaching taught me the proper way to think (Again repeating  I said "think" not mug !) .

5) And standard and intellect of those who tech there, woah !!,sir my physics coach was an all time Bits pilani gold medallist.They work 8am till late at night .

And now Sir ,My college  .A NATIONAL INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY.

1) My first class in NIT calicut started with my Chemistry prof's (oops AD-HOC)  nucleophilic substitution of lone pair on pie bond .
                                    There is a saying here that asking questions to professors is considered as an "insult",will ultimately be projected in your grade.

2) Sir my college has a unique love for ad-hocs, you will find Ad-hocs teaching even 3rd years here.
If you ever think of  a surprise visit to my college and want to know who are the ad-hocs,here are some tips:

# They will be the ones holding books on podium of class and copying from books and you are not supposed to open your same book in class and copy from that.

#the shameless people who will say "they don't know or its not in the syllabus,or copy as much I am giving you, or refer this book ") when asked any doubts, so meek even to try at least once !.

#I had an AD-HOC in third year who didn't know different between implying sign and equal  sign
and for whom  every other curve like thing is a parabola, hilarious isn't it.

#Some renowned professor  said that 10 AD-hocs applied for 10 different positions and all of them were selected  ,alas ! their hands were tied .

3) Here, coming to the class is given more importance than scoring 18/20 in an midsem. Be-aware sometimes you may flunk even if you are better than average but  if you have short attendance.

4) And the best one , before midsem you have to study  notes and 2 of the 3 questions solved in class will be exactly reflected in paper ( not even the data being changed, I had a sem in which in both mid-sems and end sem same question was asked for 5 marks :D ).
                                                                         I hope you are preparing a better class of students for this academic.

5) Sir ,I had a Associate proff in 5th sem, I remember an incidence,
                                                                                                one day in survey lab he was teaching how to use total station (basic need for survey) with the help of user manual ,we had no problem with that I mean nobody is perfect.Everything was step by step ,accidentally my friend  disturbed its orientation and my prof had a panic attack.Finally when he was going to cancel the class my friend solved the problem reading the same manual.

6)For the quality of students, I had a friend in first year who had around 4k rank in Aieee (not from any coaching hub) he got 4.4 sgpa in first sem, think what would have happened to him after 4years but  he gave JEE got 1.8k rank same year. And the things he can do with his plain geometry can make even national class Profs scratch their head.

7) In First year we had a introductory subject on our branch. I guess introductory subjects are to make you like your branch ,give you hopes aspirations ,inspirations .But donno are profs unaware of that or what !, we ended up mugging up 1000 pages photocopy of notes for passing that subject ,nothing else.
                                                   
"Sometimes when in third year my professors tell, "you students have very week basics, how will you survive" ?
I feel like standing up and screaming at him saying " we would have had strong basics if you would have taken classes of second year teaching us basics and not sending your puppets ,moron ad hocs to kill the eager student in us".

In the end I hope I am wrong and you have certainly something in mind for the "GREATER GOOD".
And may your reform produce better class of professionals.

One more thing sirji, "INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TEACHING" is also a good idea.

Yours truly,
A student.

(for people reading this its only my opinion not a word of God )








Comments

  1. ur 3rd last para,i did so widout screaming,nd u knw wat??he gave me D grade on internal 47.
    bdw awesome..keep writing dude nd u r so handsome too ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous ..yeah Sibal uncle should also look into this ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one dude..most of us can relate to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well written, but part of it is to be blamed on us too as we as engineering students do not wish to take up teaching as a profession (though many of us eventually end up in foreign universities as TA's, but never in India). This ultimately results in the situation where the kachra (who had nothing else to do than go for a MTech) of other colleges prance on our heads as Ad-Hoc lecturers.

    Shashank Anand Mishra

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kislay sir.. thanks sir...:)

    @Shashank sir.. can't agree more :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's your state??

The last Onam.