Happy B'day Pops

Dear pop's,

It an irony that I am writing a letter to the person who has taught me how write one.Its your birthday but I don't have  a gift for you.But I am proud that I couldn't have anything to give because there is nothing I can imagine that will do justice to the love ,respect and gratitude I have for you.What I am now is itself the best and the most beautiful gift you have given me.
Sitting at a comfortable chair at my college I remember:-


  •  You used to take all my books to office and read  them and print Q/A and I used to simply read them . Teachers used to think I am  good at studies, even though I didn't even know the names of those books.
  • I remember the final exam of Maths in 7th class ,there was a holi vacation of 2 days and I was totally nervous ,you sat with me though all syllabus teaching  me those "Fatima bought 100 eggs and all" and I ended up getting 100.
  • I remember all your cajoling to participate in debates ,writing those debates for me and even teaching how to orate  in front of crowd. ( I remember those 15th august speeches at patratu DAV school where you sat in the crowd with a waving hand to boost up my confidence). 
  • You being there at every parent teacher meet and discuss every single marks I lost, with teachers.
  • I remember the preparation for bansals in the Delhi guest house and you waiting outside the gates of test centers with a smile.
  • And the best thing I remember ,you waking me up every morning by asking how I will beat the toppers like this? .And that made all the difference, it wasn't I who beat them but you.
And your best words "don't think of result ,"jo ho gya so ho gya aage ka dekhiye"," always plan".

I haven't seen God but if mom is my religion then you are my God.

 Happy B'day
Saurav



Comments

  1. Does your religion depend on God, if not than it's ok, if yes, than I have many questions for you, and you won't like to answer them. I think the last line is not fair for your mother, you could have said that about your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed you must be right .
    But while writing this I didn't think just loved. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Kapil Sibal

I am a fake

The last Onam.