The Petronus tower
- Normally the sky scrappers made of steel but Malaysia didnt have steel industry to meet demand, import would have costed very high.
- It has abundant cement and lime so it was decided to built it of concrete that was never done before. Height of building was supposedly 500 m.
- Concrete was needed to be M 140 (20 k pound/sq inch). Added silica to reduce air holes and make it strong.
- base was huge piles and raft as foundation has lime stone.
- Islamic architecture.
- laying raft in 52 hours to prevent uneven drying and cracking. Heavy rained so covered with huge canvas tent and then poured.
- Otis elevator manufacturer were literally the discoverer of elevators .