MOM, you are my religion.



It was my pre-board exams of 10th,on the second day of exams when I was on my way to school, I fell of my bicycle and though I got up and managed to reach my school in time ,it was by the middle of that exam that I realised that my writing hand (left hand) had swelled and I couldn't move it at all.I wasn't able to complete my paper that day.
 . My left hand had a fracture in "ulna part" and it was plastered .Next morning I was on my terrace hiding in the corner and weeping with my head down ( yeah I was a dedicated nerd !).Suddenly I realised that someone was standing next to me, it was my mom.Her eyes were moist too but I think she managed to control it.She sat near me on the ground and with a confident smile asked "when is your next exam" ? I said after 2 days and burst into tears.She wiped my tears and said-

 "I DON'T CARE IF YOU GET A ZERO IN YOUR NEXT SUBJECT BUT YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE THAT EXAM OKAY ! ? ".

I showed her my plaster and asked "what am I supposed to do with this"? .She reminded me that , I had some practise in writing with my right hand ( though she forgot that she was talking about something I used to do 6 years back ,in class 4th and that too at a very low speed). She said "so what !, get a zero I don't care but I DON'T WANT TO SEE MY BOY CRYING, you have two days and we both will practise". At that time I thought ,is she gone mad ? does she know what she is talking about?. For next two days we only practised on writing (because I always had my 90 % exams preparation weeks before exam).It was my computer paper and  I managed to complete 70 % though handwriting was more like some "Urdu manuscript".And that day I realised that "when my mom can have that  confidence in me why couldn't I "?.That moment I promised, in my heart that I won't let my mom's confidence down. 
That evening I started planning to improve my efficiency but in vain because "miracles don't happen (generally).I was sitting in my balcony that night looking at my fractured hand plastered in "L " shape and Eureka suddenly an idea struck!. I needed only my wrist movement of left hand for writing ,isn't it ?.
If I held my left hand's with right hand for balance of heavy plaster, I could have had manage to write with the wrist movements ( for some time though before fatigue). So that night I went to the kitchen took the Knife and thinned and reshaped the loose plaster around my wrist, so that it can move with ease.
Thus I got my both hands to do work in exam,sometime with right hand and sometime with left hand held by right hand like some fulcrum. Invigilators saw my plight and gave me 10 more minutes to write in remaining papers. "To others I was a weird thing sitting in exam,haha ".


And now the best part ! 
On the parent-teacher's meeting day I went with papa to school to see my papers. I had got 78/80 (maths,highest in last 3 years), English (91/100) , Sanskrit (87/100), Computer (71/100), English  ( I couldn't give because it was on the very same day of incident) ,a chill ran through my spine. 
I felt like it was some movie.And though papa was all same "normal smiles" , I could see in his eyes that that day I had done something great .

On the way back to home I asked "pops you see, I got this huge marks with fracture ,don't you think its better that this incident should have had happened during BOARD and not PRE-boards".Papa said in an irritated mocking voice "yeah ,well then go ahead and do the same in boards huh " ? :P 


Some Days  back my sister called me and said that my school's principal was giving my example to the students in assembly lecture. :')

MOM it was all you . You are my God, my religion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Kapil Sibal

I am a fake

The last Onam.