The last Onam.

                                ( photo courtesy:- Vaishakh karthikeyan)

It wasn't different from any other sunday except waking up to the drum beats. I knew SAC (student affair council ) had organised Onam celebration today but for a 4th year guy (who hasn't been placed yet and who don't know any clairvoyant ) there are far more important things than being gregarious .But  finally I decided to go out and have a look at what was going on at the football ground. When I  reached the football ground ,what I saw was no different than any of the previous year's but still when I realised that this might be the last time I am going to see any of this ,my apathy turned into a little unacceptable regret.

There was a crowd in front of me dancing in euphoria and the beauty of the scene was beyond  my words . Guys in their black kurta and white dhoti ,girls in their beautiful traditional attire and a group of drummers ,all inebriatedly dancing  on the beats of the drummer. I bet you couldn't stop falling in love with that . Let me tell you what was so different ,I have attended hundreds of festivals myself at home mostly on cajoling by parents or to eat delicious "prasads", meet friends ,an escape from study or because I had nothing better to do.But when you see the glow on the faces of the people celebrating onam it can't be articulated as "faith" but "Love". The sweating and panting guys dancing as if nothing better could happen at that moment and girls with their lovely white and golden saari , jhumkas and makeups ( who could kill us on any other day with their looks) oh God ! it was more than atrocity on a guy like me. :)
 This wasn't simply an onam celebration but
                     
                                    "CREATING OF A BEAUTIFUL EVER LASTING MEMORY".

And I was not a part of it and the reason was no different than of guys sitting around the corners of football ground and watching the celebration because we never tired to be a part of it ,with all our foolish reasons and  dumb explanations, we missed being a part of something so beautiful. Though I wouldn't say it would have been too easy to be a part of it but " do we get something without a little extra effort" ? and
who's loss was it ?.

I wish, I could have been a part of it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Kapil Sibal

I am a fake